Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Christmas Tilda

Welcome to the second stop on the Magnolia-licious Christmas All Year Long Blog Hop for the month of August! If you didn't start at the Magnolia-licious Christmas All Year Long Blog, or if you get lost along the way, please head back there for a full list of participants.

I love this Tilda image. She reminds me of my daughters, all of whom play string instruments. The Basic Grey paper reminds me of my grandparent's wallpaper from when I was a child. When I look at this card, I can picture the family sitting around the Christmas tree, with Christmas music playing.
The way Tilda's dress came out, it looks like velvet. I wish the photo showed it better. Her wings were done with a Gelly Roll pen to make them sparkle.

Thanks for coming to see me this morning. Next stop is Charlene! Have fun hopping and have a wonderful day!

Edit - 12:52pm
ACK! Totally forgot to link the challenges. That's what I get for blogging while half asleep.

Challenges this card is for include:
CPS#181 - sketch
Sew Many Challenges #23 - Christmas in August
Wild Orchid #4 - Make it Sparkle
Etsy Inspired Challenge 102 - the shop is Global Children, so I took my inspiration from my children
And sort of the SCS CAS DT search challenge #2, but I'm not positive that I'm going to enter this card. I may make another before Saturday. We'll see.

20 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Sweet card Carole, Love this stamp too.
Hugs.
Danielle.

Astrid said...

Beautiful card Carole, very nice colours.
Hugs Astrid

charlene aka scrappygma said...

Very nicely done !Love your papers.
Hugs

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Carole. Love the papers you used and she is colored beautifully. So sweet that she reminds you of your DDs too.

Monique said...

Your card is lovely !

Hugs Monique

Autumn said...

Great job, beautiful papers!
xxAutumn

Stampalicious said...

what a sweet card, love how you coloured Tilda

Nady said...

elle est superbe!
j'adore cette ├ętampe!
hug
Nadyne xx

Robin said...

Lovely card...I so know what you mean about taking pictures that don't show everything!!! I love the color you used for the dress!

de said...

THREE cards?! Show off. :-)

Super cute! Like your kids!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired (again and again) this week!

Carissa said...

Great job, love her red dress.

Norma said...

Carole, I also like this cutie-pie. I have yet to colour her since I got her from Diana. You've done a wonderful job with her. Beautiful card.

Hugs.
Norma

Julie said...

Carole - Lovely Christmas card.

Thank you for joining the Magnolia-licious Christmas All Year Long Blog Hop!

Julie

~Jeri~ said...

Beautiful card!

Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!

StampinCathy said...

This is just one fabulous Christmas card.

kim.mom said...

GORGEOUS!!! TFS with us at SMC!

SmilynStef said...

great coloring ... wonderful inspired card.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

How sweet!

Thank you for participating in Sew Many Challenges this week!

Leonie said...

Beautiful card! Love this BG paper and this Tilda is just gorgeous!!
Hugs Leonie

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- I love the image too-perfect colors and love your L.O.