Friday, October 16, 2009

Friends with Flair - HHH style!

Wowie, I can't believe just how much I missed the Hip Hop chat. I don't know if it'll be back again, but I'm sure glad I was able to participate. I may well regret it this weekend, but I don't really care! It was worth it!!

This is the first real card I've made in 4 weeks. Yes, I am going crazy. Why do you ask?? I don't think that twitch is permanent...

Kidding. Little stressed - not crafting at all is just crazy-making! I'm sure you guys all understand that one. I need to do something creative every day. It's a balm to my soul.

So, first non-digital card since the last time I participated in FwF Friday. Digi-cards are cool. You always have the right colour, you don't run out of adhesive half-way through a project...but there's nothing like getting your hands all inky. Today I pulled out the first Unity Stampin' Store Kit from August, ...100% Happy. I love this one - and finally my favourite local shop, The Queen's Ink, is carrying them!! Woohoo!!!!! No more having to mail order these particular kits. I can go local now. I think the ferris wheel makes such a statement on a card. It's such a fun image, too. The patterned paper is from Graphic 45. The ribbon is actually Dusty Durango polka-dotted grosgrain from Stampin' Up, which I just turned upside-down so that it would match the paper better.

Now, if you haven't been there in a while, now's the time to get shopping at Unity. They've got a gigantoid sale going on this weekend.
I should be back to blogging much more regularly now that I can type again and now that I can actually stamp. Rejoice with me people, this is a happy day!!

21 comments:

Stephanie Zito said...

Great card! Love that Ferris Wheel and Graphic 45 paper!

Lisa F said...

Love the Ferris wheel! It was fun chatting yesterday!

Rachel B said...

That is such a fun image. I love your card! beautiful!

Unknown said...

how cute, love that image.

Cheri said...

Cute card, Carole! I still haven't used that image...but I need to! =D

Diane Jaquay said...

Great looking card!!

Anonymous said...

Love the Ferris Wheel!! Great Card!!!

Lisa H. said...

CUTE! love that image, you used a nice layout.

JPScraps said...

Love the card. The ferris wheel is awesome.

Rona said...

beautiful - love the colors

מימס mimms said...

cute card !

Valerie said...

I am so glad you were able to do some creating and you did a very nice job I might add! Yes, Unity is having a great sale and I have participated as well. Also got my second KOTM plus the scrapbook/collage kit today in the mail! It was like Christmas at my house! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Luv that ferris wheel and your card! Glad you able to create again!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this image and you have made it into something really special...Beautiful and stunning card!!! Xx

JessicaK said...

Beautiful paper - looks so smooth against the ferris wheel.

Ashley Newell said...

I LOVE this card! It's fabulous! I really like the stamp you used!

de said...

This is so cute! I love the DP and design!

Bekah said...

Love that paper- so cool!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I adore this! that Ferris wheel has been tempting me for a LONG time, girl...you just might send me over the edge! (just, not on the wheel, hopefully, LOL!) LOVE IT!

Purple Princess said...

Fabulous!!

Monika in VA said...

Great card! You are so lucky to have access to a those Store KOM locally!!! *So Jealous*