Thursday, April 29, 2010

It Was Love at First Sight

It was August, 2008 when I saw my first Unity stamps. It was less than a week before I placed my first order online. It was a doozy! Three kits and a background bundle. It was over $50, even on sale. By the end of October, I had a full set of handles, several other kits and individual stamps, and had just received my third Kit of the Month.

When asked if I was interested in running a challenge for the big birthday bash, of course I said yes. For a few minutes I was stumped on what my challenge would be and then it hit my over the head like a giant clue by four. Of course!! Go back to the very beginning and use those first stamps from when I fell in love with Unity.

I started with this set of scraplings, in honour of Tanis, who is the first person I ever saw make them. I've been meaning to make some for the longest time, and just hadn't had a reason. These adorable little stamps were perfect! Unfortunately, I think Lovin' From the Oven is now discontinued, though at least two of the sentiments are now in Mix Up of Cuteness. The dp is Basic Grey Nook & Pantry.

For this card, I pulled out the Deco Hound background. These fit into a D handle, or you can use them as is, which is what I usually do. I have the D handle, but I've also got really small hands, so unless I've got a large unmounted stamp, I don't usually use that one. My A & B handles, however, are grody to the max!! Love is Toxic also came to join the party, getting crumpled, inked, misted and further distressed, before getting the look I wanted.
I hope you've all enjoyed my little trip down memory lane. My challenge is up on the Unity forum at SCS. You have until May 5 - and there is a prize. It's a Unity/Cosmo Cricket package!! Check out the thread here and good luck!

6 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Cute cute cute! Great stamps too.

Rebecca said...

I love everything about these bookmarks :-) the colors and patterns you selected just work marvelously together and your toxic card rocks!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the bookmarks- I am seeing Unity stamps everywhere! I do not own any of these. I love the DSP you used too. Great projects. I'll go check out your challenge on SCS too!

de said...

LOVE the bookmarks!

Anonymous said...

Love the bookmarks and that card!!

Anonymous said...

Your scraplings are totally fab! Love the look!