Saturday, January 21, 2012

Broken Pegasus

Hey everyone. My year is not starting off too well. We're still dealing with legal issues over the incident involving one of my daughters from last April. It looks like it could be months before that is resolved and it is just horribly difficult for all of us. She is being remarkably strong, but even so, sometimes it feels like she's barely hanging on.

We've also been having some issues with our youngest daughter. She's in therapy now and we're going to have her evaluated by a psychiatrist to see if we can figure out exactly what's going on with her, because she isn't talking still. Four months of therapy and we finally had a mini-break through, but not fast enough to keep the school board from coming down on us. We have to go to court for her on 30 Jan.

With everything going on, it's been really hard for me to create. I'm doing okay with anything where I don't have to use my brain a lot, but if I have to make decisions, I'm totally up a creek.

So just to put the cherry on top, I was sitting on the sofa, talking to my older two girls, when I happened to glance in the direction of my Pegasus spinning wheel. I noticed there was a piece of wood on the floor. Let me say that again. There was a piece of MY PEGASUS!! on THE FLOOR!!! I don't know how it happened and nobody is fessing up.
This is what the end of it looks like now. You can see the rest of the piece on the inside there. I've since pulled it out and packaged it up to send to Myles Jakubowski, who now makes Wyatt Wheels. Bill Wyatt trusted Myles. Bill once told me that Myles made a better, more precise wheel than he, himself did. I'd say that's pretty high praise. So I'm trusting Myles to fix my Pegasus that Bill built for me.

It's been nearly three years since Bill Wyatt passed away. He's gone, but his wheels live on. This does help bring me peace.

Thank you, Myles, for keeping Bill's dream alive, and for helping to restore my faith in the world. I'll post another photo once my baby is back up and running.

Be well, everyone.

1 comment:

carole said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers, with love, always!

Mom