Friday, October 08, 2010

One Layer FWF

Morning Peeps. Hope you've all had a good week. Things are crazy here, but with 5 kids, that's pretty much status quo. I have a final exam coming up early next week. I'm sure I'll be fine, but I always get nervous about such things.

Today I've got a one layer card for you. It's super simple. The only thing I'm not happy about is that I really thought I had some silver cording. I found some gold, but that...um...no. Not gonna work. Instead, I used a very thin ribbon. I may pick up some silver cording this weekend and change it out.

I noticed that All Things Unity has teamed up with Jennifer McQuire to do Cards for Kids, so I was on the lookout for card idea. I'd wanted to do a one-layer card for today's post, and for Kelly Mahany's WCMD challenge, so I was thinking up ideas on that when I came across the One-Layer Wednesday challenge. Uh oh...a new-to-me challenge. This week's is to add a metallic element to your card. As soon as I read that, everything came together.

I used the bicycle stamp and Smile sentiment from Everyday Adorable and embossed them with silver detail embossing powder. I still wish I'd had silver cording! I think it would have set the card off perfectly.

That's it for me today. Check out the full list of Friends With Flair on the Unity blog. I wonder who's hiding the blinkie this week.

20 comments:

Rachel B said...

I love the frame and the tricycle! So cute!

Jingle said...

I love this card! This is one of my favorite simple card styles! I like to do this often!

farmhouse-story said...

love the frame around the trike, carole! thanks for playing with all things unity, again:)

The Other Patti Sue said...

This made me smile! Very cute card!

Lisa F said...

LOVE the simple card! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!
I love the embossed frame, I need to learn how to do that!

Unknown said...

cute cute. Oh i haven't used this image in a long time, I should take it out.

Carolina said...

Darlin' CAS card!!! Happy Friday to you!

Katrina Hunt said...

ok...adorable...just adorable!!!! hugs, Katrina

Katy said...

Super cute! I love your embossed frame, they work perfect on a one-layer card!

JenMarie said...

Super sweet!

Anne Tussing said...

Your embossed frame makes the card perfect!!

Susan said...

Love the littel tricycle stamp. Your card is just adorable! Thanks for joining the challenge!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is soooooo cute! I love love love how CAS it is! I love that bike too:) SO FUN! Great job all around:} I know that the child who receives this special card will def. smile} Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at All Things Unity!!

Lori said...

Love how you framed the bike image, Carole! Looks great.

Scrapcollectr said...

A breath of fresh air...a clean and simple card...lovely....I like your the Copic marker background of your photo, too!
(Good luck on your test.)
=D

Terry said...

I wish I could say, "I remember riding on one," but I can remember my kids on a tricycle! This is adorable! Thank you for your visit and following. Have a wonderful weekend!

Susan Raihala said...

That embossed frame totally makes this card! Wonderful job integrating lots of challenges, and thanks for working the OLW in there. It's a great card!

Ronnie said...

I adore this card. clean, simple lines. Less is best, hugs, ronnie

Sara Henton said...

OH!! This is just too cute!! LURVE IT! Thanks so much for playing with us at All Things Unity!!