Tuesday, September 15, 2009

AiFactory Challenge #3

Good afternoon peeps. Yup, the wrists are still taking a toll, but it's getting better.

This week our challenge is to make a Halloween project using this adorable Little Witch designed by Softpencil. How cute is she?? I wanted to do some paper piecing with her, but the wrists got in my way again (darn it!), so even though I have 3 of her coloured, only one of her got cut out. That's okay, though - I'll be ready to make something else with the other two closer to Halloween. I'm thinking maybe little candy bags for the younger girls' teachers?

Anyhoo....one of the things I like to do is to swap mix cds. I get introduced to all kinds of music I never would have heard that way, which I find fascinating. I've "discovered" several fabulous artists, and rediscovered some old favourites, as a result of these swaps. So this week, I made a cd holder. I followed this tutorial on YouTube for the base. I sponged the edges of the paper with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and coloured the Little Witch with Copics. Once she was done, I added some Spica marker to her clothes and the pumpkin's mouth for a little sparkle, because everyone needs a little sparkle.The other side has the opening flap, which is covered with the same sponged polka-dotted paper. I've left room at the bottom for the title of whatever cd I enclose. It's perfect for a mix of Halloween party music.

Head on over to the AiFactory Challenge blog for full deets on this week's challenge and prize.

Once you've done that, please check out the rest of the DT and their fabulous creations.

Annamarie
Ashley
De
Elizabeth
Erin
Kerry
Mia'

4 comments:

Elizabeth P said...

What a beautiful and colorful card Carole! I love the black hair on the little witch ;)

de said...

Love this Carole! So cute! That DP rocks and the coloring on the cute witch image is great!

Kerry said...

Love it, Carole! The coloring is amazing! Hope you feel better soon. Have a wonderful week!

Ashley Newell said...

This is so so so cute Carole! I love everything about it!