Monday, February 08, 2010

Caffeinated Challenge Card

I hope you guys are staying warm. Here in Maryland, we've had near-record snowfall. Believe me when I say it's a tad chilly out there. Schools are closed and the kids are getting a little bit of cabin fever. I'll post some snow pics so you guys can see just how crazy it is in my front yard.

We lost our electricity twice. The first time was about 2:30 am, Saturday morning. It came back just after 6pm. So much for crafting or homework...or just about anything else, really. That was a day to stay under covers with lots of extra clothing on. I'm sure I looked exceptionally silly with my bathrobe on over my clothes, and then a scarf and mittens on top of that. Fashion was not the goal. Warmth was.

The electricity went back out later that night. I can't tell you how grateful I am to have our electricity back - and how spoiled I am by our heater! I'm still cold, but it's a lot warmer in here now.

I got started on this card last night. It's another multi-challenge card, using Paper Makeup Stamps Caffeine Trip, the sketch from Limelight Papercrafts, and this week's Etsy Inspired Challenge shop, Traveling Mama. (this card and this set)
In addition, PMS's Makeup 4 the Weekend #15 was to use pink and lots of bling. My SEI paper is all sparkly. I added 2 pink rhinestones to the upper left corner and, though you can't really see it in this photo, Rock Candy distress stickles to the sugar cubes.

Other Challenges:
ABC challenge: N is for New - the SEI paper and the rhinestones are new
Fussy & Fancy: Hearts
Crafty Calendar Challenge: love/friendship with hearts
Raise the Bar: Heart to Heart
Fun with Shapes: Hearts & Stripes

Special hugs to Robyn Weatherspoon, who lost her father this weekend and to Shannan Teubner, who has lost her husband. My deepest condolences to both of these dear ladies and their families.

18 comments:

Joanne Gilch said...

Carole, come on down and cozy up to the fire. This has been a wacky winter in Here Florida. Wanted to start yet another fire today, but I had a wee one and fires with children around scares me. AND we don't even have any snow.
Card is adorable.
hugs of warmth, joanne

Elena said...

Really sorry about the cold weather and problems with electricity... Hope the weather will be good for the rest of the winter.
Your card is so cute! I really love this cup with hearts!
Thank you so much for playing with us at La-La Land!

Stef H said...

i'd be expresso-ing my thanks that the electricity came back on! ouch!

but the card is stunning. hope you are safe & warm.

hugs ♥

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your card- what a snowfall and the kids will probably have great memories of playing in it!

Traveling Mama said...

Your card is so sweet! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation. We are so honored! Hope you all stay warm!! Hugs!

Ashley Newell said...

This is GORGEOUS Carole! I love it! Very pretty! Thanks for playing EIC this week!

Rhonda said...

I love this card! It is perfect...hope you were having some to help stay warm!

Sabine said...

Gorgeous card! I love the image and the beautiful papers, great colours!

Thanks for joining us at fun with shapes and more!

Hugs
Sabine

Caroline said...

Fab card!!!! Love the paper you used and the image is great too! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calender Challenge this month. Caroline x

Georgia said...

Fabulous card - I love the sentiment and the colours look great! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :)
Georgia xx

Kathy said...

Glad your power is back. Love the card, anyhting coffee themed is right up my alley. Very pretty colors you used, too.

de said...

Love this card Carole! And the sentiment is just tooooo cute! Stay warm up there! I heard you were suppose to get another 10"?! Our corporate office is up that way and I still have family and friends in the area and have seen a lot of pics and heard alot of stories. Meanwhile, its suppose to be 60 here today... but we are getting rain like you guys are getting snow. Bla. I don't think my backyard will dry out til April or May. It hasn't been dry for almost 3 mos now.

Darlene said...

How cute is this image! Great card! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar! We do hope you'll come back next week for more fun!!

Juanita said...

Adorable card, that image and sentiment are too cute. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Cat said...

What a sweet card! Love the colors!

Christi Flores said...

This is awesome!!! Thank you so much for playing along in this week's Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge!!

BA said...

this is absolutely gorgeous
thanks for joining us at fw shapes more
xoxo BA

Cathy said...

Lovely card.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this time.
Cathy xx