Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Lily Week with AiFActory

Hi everyone. I'd like to thank you for all of the good wishes this past week. They are definitely helping. I did go to the doctor and she said it was just a bad strain again. She switched me over to vicodin sso that I could function instead of just sleeping. I'm not at 100%, (and it's making my kids laugh at me when I walk), but I"m getting there.

For AiFActory Challenge #27, we're working with the Lily Collection, which is being reduced to $5 for the whole collection, and the challenge is to make a simple card with some sort of clear element to it. It can be a clear embellishment, clear embossing powder, acetate...whatever, just as long as there is something clear on the card. Since I love embossing so much, I used clear embossing powder to emboss my sentiment.

My lily was the Mariposa Lily. I'd never seen one before, so I googled images to see what they looked like to get colouring ideas. This is the image I used for inspiration. They're such pretty flowers. I used the sketch from CPS157. The dp is from Basic Grey's Origins. Card stock is the lovely new green (the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger!) from GinaK , as is the sentiment. I coloured in the lilies with Copic markers.

Please go check out the rest of the team and see what they've done. There are four different lily images in the set, so there are a good variety of things to see. When you're done, head over to the AiFactory Challenge Blog for full details and upload your own creation by 11pm EST on Wednesday, March 18.

16 comments:

Kerry said...

I love all the blings!!! And your coloring is amazing!

Unknown said...

I hope your back is feeling better. Your card is beautiful and I love how you put your lilies all in a bouquet.

Erin Smetak said...

What a great card!!!! All that bling! LOL! Love it!!!

I hope that you're feeling better soon!!!! Hugs to you!

Fink said...

I hope you feel better soon! I love the bling and the flower colors! Awesome

Fliss said...

Sorry to hear your back's playing up-sounds really painful and hope it gets better soon.
Your card is beautiful. I love the green you've used and the blingy bits you've added, they look lovely.
x

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the added jewels! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥Lea

Jean said...

Beautiful cards on your blog. Love your profile description. Funny! As one who has stumbled over 50 I can assure you that it soon won't boher you that you lose your mind regularly as you will have quite forgotten you ever had one! :)

de said...

Beautiful! Hope you are feeling better! Did you see my email about winning the necklace on my EIC post last week?! Hit me up girl!

Julie said...

Great coloring, it looks just like the inspiration. I have been on vicadin before and it is hard to function. Hang in there.
Julie SBS29

Laurie Wilson said...

Take care of your back sweetie! What a lovely mariposa card! Your coloring is truly amazing! and the layout is a perfect backdrop for those flowers.

Ashley Newell said...

This is so pretty! I love the coloring and the bling!!!

Kathy said...

Glad you are feeling better. Very pretty card, this image would be great for Easter, too.

Cheri said...

So pretty, Carole! I love the rhinestones!

Cheryl said...

Ooohh - Love the bling! Lovely card.

Unknown said...

Hey Carole! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty! I love the bling :)
Laura