Monday, March 01, 2010

Oh Wow!

I was going to post about some mixed emotions for today. You see, I'd forgotten that my term with Softpencil was up at the end of February, so last Thursday's post was my last as a member of the team. I'm kinda sad about that. I had a wonderful time, and I adore Elizabeth's images. There will be more from me in the future, they just won't be on a schedule.

Thank you to Elizabeth, Kerry (the DT coordinator) and the rest of the team. You've been fabulous to work with.

Friday, I was a hostess at VSN on Splitcoaststampers. This was my challenge:

Each Winter Olympics has its own official sweater. The Lillehammer, the Torino, and others are designed by Dale of Norway. I've always wanted to created one of my own, but the time it takes to knit one is extraordinary.

This year, the Hudson's Bay Company has produced a contemporary twist on a traditional Cowichan sweater, which is a long-standing Canadian icon. Although there is a sweater designed by Dale of Norway, the Official Olympic Sweater for Vancouver is this one, and it is this sweater that is the inspiration for this challenge.

We can't knit a sweater in 45 minutes, but we can certainly create
a card! Use the colours from the sweater in your creation. For a bigger challenge, use maple leaves, elk, or other patterning.


Participation in my challenge was fabulous! This is my third time as a VSN hostess, and although I'm guessing that a large part of the turnout is due to the prizes offered by Spellbinders (why did I offer to host this time?? I'm not eligible for any prizes, darn it!), I'm still very happy to see so many people chose to play along.

As of this writing, 7 hours remain to upload a card and there are 98, including my own!! That is just amazing! This one is mine.Deets:
Cardstock: GinaK Soft Sand, SU cream
DP: Jillibean Soup
Stamps:
Unity leaves from Simple Blessings
Etc:
Distress Ink Fired Bric , clear embossing powder

To further mix my feelings, I lost a filling last night. A big one. I now have a dentist appointment at 8am tomorrow. So freaking out a bit about that. I have valium to take in the morning.

But then I was heading over to Stephanie's blog just to see what she was up to today. I'd completely forgotten today was the day she was announcing the winner of her blog candy. Major shock!! I won!!! I am thrilled!! Thank you, Stephanie!!

5 comments:

de said...

Wow! Great challenge and amazing card!

Cheer up! Those Softpencil gals are just a blog away! :-)

Kerry said...

Oh my goodness, what a totally awesome card... super cool!!! I agree with De, you can't get rid of me that easy. Haha! I love working with you, you ladies are soooo awesome! :)

Jingle said...

That is a super cute card and I'm kind of loving that sweater!

Cheryl said...

What a crazy day for you! I love Dale of Norway sweaters. I have one that my hubby bought me before we were married and I still love it.

Awesome card! I love the colors and the pattern you used.

Congrats on the blog candy!

Kathy said...

Aaak, I hate the dentist, take that valium! Hope it goes well for you. Your card inspired by the sweater is fabl Love the colors and the background texture. Congrats on winning the blog candy!