Saturday, March 26, 2011

EtsyInspired #132 - Fresh Metal

Hey everyone! Are you ready to be EtsyInspired? It's another week and we've got a fantastic shop for you!! Fresh Metal Jewelry has got the COOLEST flower pieces made out of fabric. I just LOVE them!! She upcycles bits for as many of her pieces as possible, all of which are inspired by vintage necklaces and brooches.

This one is my favourite.
For my card today, I chose to be inspired by all of the floral pieces in the shop. I used Memory Box stamps, cardstock and patterned paper. Oh, and yes, this is another card that will be heading off to Operation Write Home as a part of my 40 cards for Lent.
Our sponsor this week is Amber Ink.
AmberInk was started by a mother and daughter team. Amber lives in the East, Pam lives in the West. Amber is an Emmy nominated children's animator and illustrator, who creates from her Brooklyn, New York studio. Although they do carry some clear stamps, the company runs by the premise that their customers are more brilliant than patient. If you've been a diehard clear or rubber-stamper, they can even help you with the transition to digital. And don't worry about asking a silly question, because as a retired public high school teacher, Pam has already seen it all. Check out the ever-increasing tutorial links, which you can find on the homepage. Hailing from the Hawaiian Islands, the Aloha Spirit is alive and well at AmberInk.com.

Now it's your turn! For all the prize deets and to link up your project for this week, head on over to the EtsyInspired Blog. You've got until Friday, April 1, at noon, Pacific time. Before you go, though, check out the rest of the EIC team...

11 comments:

Queenie said...

Lovely floral stamp!! Love that sentiment!

de said...

Beautiful! I love your 40 cards for lent idea! I really need to gather some cards for OWH. I have so many and its such an awesome idea!

Hugs,

de

StampinCathy said...

This is just beautiful Carole. You are so creative and love your lent idea!

Kerry said...

Pretty colors and card!

Jacquel said...

Very cute card Carole! Love the colors you used!!!

Angi Barrs said...

So nice that you are sending your cards to Operation Write Home. Beautiful design. :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH WOW! I am in need of getting new stamps-LOVE these by Memory Box! I also love that ribbon! OH! I need to come play in your studio!

Plus--what a fabulous idea--giving cards to OWH (or another organization) for Lent! TOTALLY doing this!! You inspired me with your card and your idea! FAB job, Carole:) <3

Jingle said...

Very cute card!

Scrapcollectr said...

Beautiful card....and thanks for the Amber Ink background....I've been following them and didn't know all this great info...
*smile*

Nancy Jensen said...

Very pretty! I love Memory Box stamps and dp. I'm impressed with your efforts to make the 40 cards for Operation Write Home. :)

sharon g said...

Cute and simple. I love it.