Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Day 3 - Growing in Unity

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!! You guys really made my day. The DMV...well, not so much. I learned a couple things. First of all, it's actually called the MVA here in Maryland. And secondly, due to all of the new Homeland Security laws, I need either a passport or my birth certificate in order to get a new "secure" driver's license. I had my birth certificate at one point early in my marriage. That was at least 12 moves ago. So I've ordered another one, all the while grousing that my military dependent ID is not proof of my identity. Whatever.

I went simple today as I kind of overdid it a little bit with all of the distressing on yesterday's card and my wrists are super sore.

I used the colours from both StampTV's Monday Color Challenge and this Star Magnet Duo from this week's Etsy Inspired Challenge shop. I went back to the sketch challenge from NinaB's bloggiversary because it is so CAS and elegant. I chose to pull out one of my {ippity} stamp sets, Regal Greetings. I do have this one in stock at my {ippity} shop, and all of my profits are going towards sending my eldest daughter, Meagan, to Europe this summer with a group called People to People. Meg is blogging about it here. Oh, and speaking of Miss Meagan, today is her Sweet Sixteen!The patterned paper and yellow cardstock both came from the Beeez Kneez kit from the Caffinated Cropper. Yes, I made a little booboo on the card, but I still like it. It's for my mom, because she got bitten yesterday. This morning she wrote, "they don't like to stitch dog or cat bites so only tacked it down with 8 stitches that were spaced out." Um...yeah. I don't like the way that sounds one bit, but she won't let me drive down. She's going back to work tomorrow. I'm trying not to worry. Much.

That's it for me today. Don't forget to leave a comment. Some lucky random commenter from this week will win a Unity single! Have a great day!!

19 comments:

Stef H said...

this is absolutely gorgeous!

my driver's license gets renewed next month and i now need to apply for a state ID card because i'm over 60! go figure!

Ashley Newell said...

This is SOOOO pretty! I still haven't used that chandelier, I need to! Very pretty card!

jan farnworth said...

very pretty card

Rebecca said...

Oooooh, I LOVE it! That black and yellow is soooo eye-catching!

Jingle said...

I love this card! It is really gorgeous!

Gwen said...

Great job! Love the colors and it turned out so elegant. Happy Birthday to your daughter and hope your mom heals quickly. My DD was bitten by a dog when she was 5, she'll be 23 on Fri. It was on her face and she healed up just fine!

StampinCathy said...

Sorry to hear about your mom. Your card is beautiful and your mom will just love it and for sure brighten her day.

Rona said...

Beautiful card!! I'm sure your mom will love it!! That's awful about her bite!! Good luck to your daughter and her trip - how exciting! I hope she has a very happy birthday as well!

stampjourney said...

What a beautiful and elegant card! Such a gorgeous clean design! Happy b-day to your daughter, as well!

de said...

I am loving this! Love the DP and I've always loved those chandeliers. Perfection!

Joanne Gilch said...

Love the chandelier! don't make comments about errors, no one sees them or looks for them til you mention it....LOL Remember....the camera hides what the human eye can see!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful!! Love the colors!!

Angie Blom said...

just stunning. my favourite ippity stamp.

Shelley said...

Pretty card! I hope your mom is feeling better!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

These colors looks awesome...very deep and rich...love this card Carole! Your mom will too, and hope she gets better!

Cheri said...

The Regal Greetings set is so classy, and you've done a beautiful job letting the stamps do all the talking! Gorgeous!

Shell said...

Wow that is a classy card! So sorry about the DMV.

NinaB said...

This is so elegant and uses one of my current favorite color combos. I love that paper. And what a great opportunity for your daughter to work with PTP. She'll be coming to my neck of the woods :-). How very exciting.