Friday, April 02, 2010

Hip Hop, it's Friends With Flair!

Did everyone love having Hip Hop back yesterday as much as I did??? I was so glad to see everyone again! I have missed you guys!

It's Friday, and that means it's time for Unity's Friends with Flair blog hop. To see the list of participants this week, check out the Unity Blog. Somebody will have a blinkie. Leave love on that blog and you could win some Unity Stamps!!

Along with the return of Hip Hop, we were given the first Hip Hop Sketch Challenge. I thought it would be perfect to use that for my FWF post, especially since I've been absent from the FWF hop for several weeks.

Of course, being me, I had to see if there were any other challenges that would help me create my card. First of all, I found this purse from Ponder & Stitch, which is this week's Etsy Inspired shop. When I saw it, I was reminded that this week's SCS Colour Challenge (CC264) called for So Saffron, Bermuda Bay and Basic Grey. On top of that, CC264 has a dessert option - layered, crushed flowers. While I didn't really get the "crushed" part, I did layer a flower.

Bermuda Bay is kind of a teal-y green. Hmm...All Things Unity is asking for "green" projects. Hot dig!

When I was looking up challenges, I found one that asked for flowers. I just can't remember where it was! Next time I'll write it down.

And lastly, Gingersnap Creations issued a Blue Moon challenge yesterday, GCSP3, which was to take on a tutorial. I chose Distressing with Hels. I'm not sure if you can tell, but the butterfly was stamped and embossed with Distress Ink & Distress Embossing Powder in Mustard Seed. I also ink distressed the edges of the patterned paper layer.
Deets:
Stamp: Unity Bevy of Butterflies
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest and SU
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink - Mustard Seed
Etc: Bermuda Bay ribbon, Distress EP, Prima flowers, yellow dew drop

Enjoy the hop and have a fabulous weekend. I'll be back on Monday for an entire week of Growing In Unity!! Don't forget to check back starting Monday morning!

24 comments:

Christi said...

oooh, this is gorgeous Carole! I adore that color combo! smiles...

Linda Ledbetter said...

Carole, those colors are fabulous!!! I would never have thought of that combo, but now I have to try it! Thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnap Creations!

Jingle said...

This is such a fun and cheery card!

Sara Henton said...

Thanks for playing once again babe & supporting our challenge ;) I love seeing what you come up with!! This one is just amazing again

Bonita Rose said...

beautiful card.. love that butterfly!

JazzyH said...

Very pretty!

de said...

Beautiful girl! Third times the charm right?! You have to win this week! HA!

Beate said...

What a fun and happy card!
Have a wonderful Easter weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Jenny said...

Cute! :)

Tanya said...

I loved having HIP HOP back too!! I love your colorful card!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

great take on the EIC challenge! Love the bright colors! Hope you are doing well!

Lemon Lane Studio said...

I love the bold colors, the contrast really makes the card pop.

farmhouse-story said...

your colors on this card are gorgeous! happy weekend!

Heather said...

So pretty! Love these colors together!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! Very eye-catching.

Lisa F said...

Cute! Love the colors you used - they go great together.

Anonymous said...

Love your card! The design is bold and beautiful!

Amy said...

REALLY love the colors here Carole!! So pretty!!

Kerry said...

Oh these colors are beautiful together! Gorgeous card!

Laura said...

Great take on the technique. Thanks for joining us on Gingersnaps.

Laura said...

Great take on the technique. Thanks for joining us on Gingersnaps.

Ashley Newell said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love the colors!

Joanne Gilch said...

two colors and white. everything co- ordinates so beautifully..ooops three colors

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card - love your take on Hels' tutorial! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations.