Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm Back with AiFactory Animals

First of all, I would like to sincerely thank everyone who sent messages of good thoughts and prayers for my family last week. It was such a tremendous shock for us. We did find out the cause this past Saturday. Liz had Cardiac Amyloidosis. Although they did not find out the cause until after her death, it is unlikely they would have been able to prevent it had they known earlier. I am grateful that Liz was spared a protracted medical battle that she would have certainly hated.

The memorial was very difficult, particularly for Hannah. I've never seen my little girl so heartbroken. I have a hard time not crying now just to think of it. But we will get through this. Liz was a very strong woman with a zest for life. We will not let her down.
In an effort to jump back in with both feet, even though I have barely gotten back from our trip down south, I'm joining in with my Design Teammates at AiFactory. This week is Anything But a Card.

Okay, so I cheated a little. I went looking for inspiration and I found this cute fish mobile on SCS, which I thought would be the perfect thing to CASE, since I am working with cute animal images. Instead of bamboo skewers, which I don't have in the house, I, um, "borrowed" (with permission) some K'nex from my younger son. I think they work quite well!

Here is a close-up of the circles. I just printed them out on the computer and use my circle nestibilities to cut them out. Much faster than cutting them out individually! The set from AiFactory has 12-2" circles included. I used 10 for the mobile. Each strand has two, glued back to back with the ribbon sandwiched between. Not pictured are the dog, the tiger and the giraffe.
Don't forget to check out the rest of the team. All links are posted on the left side-bar. To enter the challenge for the week, see the details on the AiFactory Challenge Blog.

4 comments:

Lindsay Spencer said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt. My thoughts are with you hoping you and your family will soon feel peace.

Kerry said...

Sending you lots of hugs!!! What a great project, Carole. Love it!

Lola said...

I made one of these too! But not with Knex LOL! I hope all is getting better.

Fink said...

Sorry that things were so tough for you all! I think it was a great idea to look for inspiration! I love what you did with the animals! I have such a hard time figuring out wha to do with clip art type stuff!