Monday, January 05, 2009

Sister Spindle

Just a quick post to show a photo of a beautiful spindle that I got as a gift last year at Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival from my friend, Shelly. She has a matching spindle, except her roses are in red and pink. Both were made by Tom Golding of Golding Fiber Tools. I'm spinning some blue silk on mine, also shown in the photograph. I bought it from Flock Bransonas. I'd link a website, but theirs seems to have disappeared. They have attended MDSW each year that I can remember, however.
As you can see, it's a truly beautiful spindle. It's one of my heavier spindles, but it spins like mad. I totally love it! Thank you again, Shelly. I still can't believe it's mine.

1 comment:

Shell said...

You are so welcome as always! Now we just need to find another pair this year to get.