Monday, May 04, 2009

Blast From the Past

This is going to be short, but I just had to share. An old friend had been trying to catch me all weekend, but I was out at the Howard County fairgrounds (post to come), so I missed him. Well, this morning, I found out why he'd been looking for me.

His mom was cleaning out photo albums to scan and came across a very old newspaper clipping. In reading it, somehow I think that Randy's comments were paraphrased just a little. I do wonder what happened to several of these people, including Brady Mitchell, who had been my partner for the several years prior. He'd graduated from high school by 1984 and was no longer eligible for Jr League bowling.

I remember how exhilarated we were. And how tired and sore I was. Oddly, that's pretty much how I feel today, except that instead of having a sore shoulder and right thumb, my legs and back hurt from walking so much this weekend.

To Randy, wherever you are. I hope life has treated you well. And to Jimmy, thanks for the memories.

2 comments:

Scrapacat said...

Wow. It's amazing how parallel our lives have been. I was in the juniors and ended up semi-pro with Budweiser. I still love looking at those old photos and wondering where so many people are. ~ky

Anonymous said...

I didn't reallise you were such a good bowler. :-)