Saturday, June 06, 2009

Etsy Inspired #39 - Chicy Creations

Good morning everybody! I am super-duper excited. Today is my first day as a guest member of the Etsy Inspired Challenge team! I want to thank Ashley for giving me this opportunity.

This week the shop is Chicy Creations. They have the absolute cutest hair bows and tutus. It almost makes me wish I were having another baby girl. Almost. My girls are a little too "grown up" for some of the creations, but the 12yo is enamoured of the flowers. Those of you who know me will not be surprised in the least to find that my favourite is this little ladybug clip. I think it's adorable!

Since I cannot resist ladybugs, and I find ATCs so much fun, I went with a ladybug ATC. I used one of Karen Lockhart's Itty Bitty stamps. The text was done in Photoshop. All cardstock is Stampin' Up!Now it's your turn! Find an item from the Chicy Creations shop that inspires you in some way and create something. It could be a card, a layout, an ATC, a cake, a poem - anything at all! - and link it to Ashley's blog post here by noon on June 12. Someone will win this week's prize. All the deets are on Ashley's blog.

While you're cooking up your project, please head over to see what the rest of the Design Team has got to show.
If you upload your project to either Splitcoast Stampers or Papercraft Planet, please use the keyword EIC39. Now go be EtsyInspired!

13 comments:

de said...

Carole this is so kewl! I love what you did from your inspiration from that cute hair bow! Welcome as our June Guest DT!

Anonymous said...

Really cute and super perfect for that inspiration piece.

Kerry said...

I thought that ladybug clip was adorable too and I love your little ATC! The ladybug is super cute, especially with the glossy dimension to it!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Super cute, carole! :)

Ashley Newell said...

This is so cute Carole! I love ladybugs too!

Scrapacat said...

Cute! I haven't heard that saying in awhile! Congrats on GDT-ing this month. ~ky

Jenn said...

What an adorable card!

Lee said...

That is sooo cute Carole!!!! I picked the same for my challenge inspiration!!! I'm so glad you're guesting!!!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Carole,

So glad to welcome you aboard this week on our Etsy Team. I totally missed that Lady Bug Clip!!! I had 4 team mates to still get to this morning and see their wonderful creations and comment and two of you used that same clip not sure how I missed it!!!

I love your ATC!!! I have never made one believe it or not!!!

I love Lady Bugs and so do my girls so I may have to go back and check those out again!!!

Totally wonderful creation this week can not wait to see what you have for us next week!!!

Heather

Dawn M said...

cute card. love the inspiration you picked!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, girl!

Opal said...

love the ladybug and the new look of the bloggy!

Rachel said...

Very cute!