Friday, June 26, 2009

HHH - Subdued style

Hip Hop Hangover
Good morning everybody. I don't know about the rest of you, but I was very sad to hear the news of Farrah Fawcett's passing yesterday. At the same time, I am glad she isn't suffering any longer. She fought hard. It was a nasty battle, long and painful. From all accounts, she was a very brave woman to the end. I wish her children and Ryan O'Neal peace.

Then there's Michael Jackson. That news just has me completely stunned. At 7:26, by my computer, CNN confirmed his death. The LA Times and the Associated Press had given the news much earlier, but somehow it wasn't completely real until CNN said yes, it has been verified. I was a fan through Thriller, and a little bit thereafter. Then he just got weird. I will remember him as he was so long ago. Again, for his children and the rest of his family, I can only wish peace.

When Hip Hop started yesterday, I was all over the Christmas theme. I love Christmas. It truly is my favourite holiday. I was all ready to make several Christmas items. But those who know me well know that I take death hard. I don't know why, but the worse other people feel, the worse I feel. Sometimes it can be paralyzing. Fortunately, the Clean and Simple challenge came to my rescue. I haven't checked it for a bit, so I went to see if there was anything inspiring. CAS19 was just the ticket. It's a nice, simple sketch challenge.
Deets:
Cardstock: SU! Brilliant Blue & Bashful Blue
Ink: Brilliance - Mediterranean Blue & Pearlescent Sky Blue
Stamps: Unity KOTMs, March (Simple Life) & April (Fresh Beginnings)

Please forgive the less-than-stellar picture. I used the spousal unit's camera in an attempt to see if it made it easier to upload to the blog. It didn't.

I'll be back tomorrow with my final day as a guest on the EtsyInspired Design Team. It's been wonderful.

10 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Great card and yes....I was a very big fan of Michael Jackson....I grew up with him....my first album that I owned was BAD when I was like five years old....very sad....

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

What a sweet, simple card!

Bonita Rose said...

great card Carole! I love it!

Lisa H. said...

super cute card!

Anonymous said...

I love the card - elegant!

de said...

Carole, this is sooo pretty! It says a million words too... life is too short... live simply.

Beautiful.

Dawn M said...

very pretty Carole!

Unknown said...

Nice tribute to Farah and Michael.

Loved your card.

Hope you're having a fun weekend...I'm HHH a little at a time this weekend!

Oh, and if I don't stop by before the holiday...have a great Independence Day.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Love the simple beauty of this card, Carole! Fabulous job! :)

Cheri said...

Very pretty, Carole! I love the shimmer!