Friday, June 05, 2009

Hip Hop Hangover/mojo?

Hip Hop Hangover

Hi everyone. I haven't been posting much the past couple months. My mojo took an extended vacation. I don't deal well with loss. I have abandonment issues. I admit that. And even though I know, intellectually, that the people who have died did not do it intentionally, it brings up emotions that I am ill-equipped to handle. My creativity has taken a hit, along with pretty much everything else.

However, as I mentioned week before last, I have some truly amazing friends. With their help, and a bit of time, I'm getting back to normal. I've even gotten a few things made. I'll be sharing one for this post, as it is a Unity project. Having a challenge is always a little push for me. I'm very fond of sketch challenges, so I went looking for one I liked. It happened to be SC218 on Splitcoast Stampers. That meant it was eligible for challenge prizes for Hip Hop. I didn't win anything, but that wasn't really the point. The point was to make a card. The side benefit? It's already been favourited twice! Let me know what you think.


The colours in the close-up photo are much truer. Unfortunately, you can't see the way the flower centres sparkle in either photo, but I used Copic atyou Spica markers to add a touch of glimmer. The coneflower stamp is from Unity's May Kit of the Month ...another sweet day!

Tomorrow I will start my guest spot on the Etsy Inspired Design Team. I am SUPER excited about that! I'll have all the details bright and early tomorrow morning. The shop is super cute and somebody is going to win a prize for playing along. Could it be you?

21 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Wowsers,
Stunning card,
Love the colours,
Hugs
Angie

Lisa F said...

This is ADORABLE! Love the colors!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous card Carole! Sorry for the losses in your life, I am there for you. Big hugs!

jan farnworth said...

very cute love the pretty sunny colors great job carole.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card!!! I love how summery it is....is summery even a word??? Anyhoo....I love it! And the bow is amazing...I can never get mine that good.

Keep keeping on! {{hugs!!}}

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

It looks like you are getting in back, Carole. Bless you heart. Beautiful cards!

whoistracy said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the ribbon on the side.

Sherry Campbell said...

Glad you are getting back on track - believe me I know that it takes some time. I love your card- it is extremely fabulous!! :) Hugs to you, Carol!!

Unknown said...

I love this image so much, and I havent inked it yet, I need to get it out, your cards are amazing!

Tracey Taylor said...

These are both just adorable!

Unknown said...

Carole, this is gorgeous! You have those new marker toys I see...how fun! Being creative can help in times of loss, and dearie you haven't lost any mojo...love your work!

Unknown said...

The card is beautiful!

Have fun as a guest DT member! What an honor.

Unknown said...

Oh, glad you're making your way out of the funk. Loss is difficult.

{{{hugs}}}

Katy said...

Love your card, it's so pretty. Glad you're getting back to normal.

Jessy said...

Great card Carole. Love the colors!! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I adore that image.

I am so excited that you are joining us for Etsy Inspired!!

Dawn M said...

Carole, i love this! i see lots of mojo. good luck with EI!

Rachel said...

Great card Carole

Donna said...

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

I was thinking of you today and tried to call. Drop me a line cause I need to talk to you. I got something that will make you shake your head!

Suz said...

Pretty card. I love the colors.

Lisa H. said...

wow! your card is gorgeous! love those flowers and you did them up great! congrats on the guest dt spot.