Friday, June 12, 2009

Hangover for Shemaine

Hip Hop Hangover

Hi guys. I was going to post my YSHLUA card, but I decided to make something for the request Shemaine sent out a few days ago. She has a friend whose cousin is in need of a liver transplant at the ripe old age of 29. I just can't imagine how frightened he must be. Shemaine requested that we make our challenge cards to include a positive message or quote. Well, I didn't do any of the challenges yesterday, but I looked at what was out there this morning and found CAS18, which was to use Kraft, pinks or corals, and one other coordinating colour. Since this card was for a guy, I made the pink more of an accent and chose Kiwi Kiss as my coordinating colour. I really like this particular sentiment, too.
The pink accent on the flowers is Copic atyou spica marker. I'm going to go back and adjust that bow so that it lies flat even when standing. It flopped just as I took the photo, darn it! I hope the card isn't too overtly feminine.

This card will be winging its way to Benjamin Welch tomorrow.

9 comments:

Shemaine Smith said...

Carole you are a sweetheart!! I love your card and I am sure it will brighten his day!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

How sweet, Carole!

Pamela said...

Great card!

Ryann said...

An incredibly cheerful card - I love it Carole!

Unknown said...

Carole, gorgeous card...love that touch of pink too!

Kelly Mahany said...

That was really nice of you! I love your card, and I am sure that he will too!

Unknown said...

Not too feminine...he'll appreciate it all the same, I'm sure.

I would be so afraid to be told at that age I needed a new Liver. Yikes.

Suz said...

Very pretty card. It's so pretty

Dawn M said...

cute!