Friday, June 19, 2009

HHH - June 19

Hip Hop Hangover
Good morning, everyone! It's still morning, right? I have fallen prey to Twilight and its denizens. Yes, I finally got suckered in. We finally got Breaking Dawn and it took me a total of about 9 hours to of actual reading time. Yes, I actually slept in between bits and I finished this morning. I need a new book to obsess over now. I guess it's time to finally read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. I will likely start over with the first book and read them all straight through. Yes, I know. But that's how I roll.

Before I forget, everything is 30% off at Unity all weekend long. That's everything, folks. If you've had your eye on something, now's the time to get it. If this is your first order and you mention my name (Carole or FibreJunky will do) and my email address (FibreJunkyREMOVE@CAPSgmailDOTcom) and the words "I am new" in the comment section, we both will receive a coupon for 40% off to be used between July 6 and July 13! How's that for a deal? Plus new customers with orders of $25 get to choose a free single from a list on the homepage.

Okay, so, now that that's out of the way, for my card this week, I'm using 2 Splitcoaststampers challenges, Sketch Challenge 233 and Color Combination Challenge 223, Breezy Ruby Whispers, which is to use Baja Breeze, Red Ruby and Whisper White together. Okey-dokey. I should do colour combo challenges more often. They're kind of fun.
The sentiment is on the inside of the card, but the photo of it is horrible, so I'm not going to post it. If I can get a better one, I'll put it up later. The image is the top half of the same stamp, which is from Unity's May Kit of the Month ...another sweet day.

That's all from me for now. I'll be back tomorrow with Etsy Inspired Challenge #41! See you then!

14 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Very cute Carole!! woo hoo for reading all the twilight books!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!! I missed Hip Hop yesterday. :( My internet was down all day........finally got it back about 10 last night. Doesn't Charter know it was Thursday?? lol
Hope you all had fun!!

Cheri said...

Pretty cards! Those colors don't automatically go together in my imagination, but they look great!

Bonita Rose said...

beautiful card carole.. I love it!!!!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

love the colors, Carole! :)

Judy Rozema said...

I love those bird houses! Very cute!! And isn't BDawn just the best?

Randi said...

Cute! Love the layout!!

Dawn M said...

love it Carole!!

Lisa F said...

Very cute! Love these colors together!

Kerry said...

I love the bird house, beautiful card!

heidi said...

I read the Twilight series straight through and then started on the HP series. Absolutely devoured that one and then within HOURS picked up book 1 and started over again. So much fun to read it a second time - you see things that didn't mean anything to you the first time through. :)

Purple Princess said...

So cute! Love it!

Heather Schlatter said...

Carole,

I love the pannels on this!!! Great job and the colors go so well together!!!

Heather

Unknown said...

Carole, great choice to use Baja Breeze and Ruby Red...gonna have to try this myself! Lovely card...thanks for sharing!