Saturday, June 20, 2009

Etsy Inspired #41 - Potato Patch

Hello and happy Saturday! I'm on week three of my month as a guest on the Etsy Inspired team. I am so loving this! This week, the shop is Potato Patch. The stay-at-home mom who own this darling shop takes potatoes and carves them into stamps, which she then uses on shirts, onesies and a few other baby items like bibs, to create prints with fabric paint. They are really cute! Once again I find myself wishing my children were smaller.

I really did try, honest, but I just couldn't stay away from the ladybugs for another week. I managed it last week, in part because I didn't want everyone to think that I was only about the ladybugs, but after seeing this sweet little girl in the ladybug onesie, how on earth could I resist?

Since I was having fun with this week's sketch challenge, SC233, I decided to go ahead and use it again. Once I got going on it, it turned into my own card for YSHLUA#5. Yes, there really are three patterned papers in there. The dark reddish-pink I've used in two places actually has polka dots. To be perfectly honest, the onesie was the inspiration for that challenge in the first place, so it's rather fitting.
Deets:
Card Stock: pink - Bazzil
Green Galore - SU!, GinaK Luxury White
Patterned paper - Basic Grey, Pink Paislee
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: from Unity Little Buggers
Etc: Nestabilities, Copic markers, atyou Spica marker,
clear detail embossing powder

Now it's your turn! Find an item from the Potato Patch Etsy shop that inspires you in some way and create something. It could be a card, a layout, an ATC, a cake, a poem - anything at all! - and link it to Ashley's blog post by noon on June 26. Someone will win this week's prize. All the deets are on Ashley's blog.

Before you get to work, please head over to see what the rest of the Design Team has to show. These are some talented chicas and they deserve some LOVE!!!

Don't forget, if you upload your project to either Splitcoast Stampers or Papercraft Planet, please use the keyword EIC41.

Thanks so much for reading today. Now go be EtsyInspired!

15 comments:

Kristen Carll said...

ack this is sooooooooooo cute Carole! :) You did an awesome job!

yael yaniv said...

omg- you did such a great job - love the colors and layers

Anonymous said...

SO cute!! I used the same inspiration piece and stamp. *giggle*

de said...

So pretty! I love the lady bug! :-) So fun and flirty!

Kerry said...

I loved that little ladybug shirt too and your card with the pink ladybug is just as adorable!

Tiff said...

This is UBER cute!

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute Carole! I love it!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I just love this card, Carole! Fabulous job! :)

Scrapacat said...

This is really cute, and no - we don't think you're only about ladybugs! It was a great design sample for the YSHLUA challenge, too. Hugs! ~ky

Rachel said...

Cute card!

StampinCathy said...

This card is so sweet and love the colors and layout.

Jenn said...

Cute little lady bug!

Lee said...

Ohhhh great minds sure think alike!!! That pink ladybug is sooooo cute!!!! I love the layout!!

Linda said...

ack I Love cute lady bug.... and I have but never thoght of this way! hotwheels

Heather Schlatter said...

How totally sweet is this creation??? I love the pink and black lady bug, and I really love the patterns on the paper and that great card all together!!! Sorry it took me so long to get around for last week but you rocked both weeks and I am glad I have your blog to follow and visit!!!

Heather