Thursday, November 17, 2011

CIDT - It's a Real Card

Guess what! I'm posting an actual card today! I made it last night for my Creative Inspirations Paints DT blog post...using several challenges that I found while checking out Feline Playful. I will list them all after the photo, along with how the card incorporates each of them.
Since my original goal was to write a post for the CIPaints blog, I started off with paint. I knew I wanted to paint my embellishments, so I thought of flowers. I thought I had some plain white paper flowers. I still think I do, but I sure couldn't find them last night! I found some kind of darkish blue-grey flowers in several sizes and shapes. I can work with those. Then I went looking for challenges to see if anything sparked.

First I found the sketch from Skipping Stones Design. That told me exactly what I was doing with my flowers. I checked through my scraps to see if I had a piece of cardstock that was already cut to the proper size for the card. I had 3 to choose from and I went with purple. I like purple.

While I was checking out sketches, I spotted the Shopping Our Stash challenge. Never been inked? Oh yeah. I have a few of those. So I had to play in that challenge. Plus the post was written by my friend Carla (hi Carla!!) Right off I decided to use the background stamp, Paisley Deco, from Unity Stamps. It was one of the very first stamps I got from Unity...and it had never been inked. I eventually went with a sentiment from Forever Friends (because it matched the flowers and because it went with the Pollycraft Monday Challenge of friends and friendship) that had also gone uninked, so I'm just all kinds of shopping my stash.

Divas By Design said to be monochromatic, so I stayed with purple when stamping that sentiment instead of using black, which had been my original plan. I think it looks better than the black would have, even if it did take me several purples to get the right one!

15 comments:

CarlaKH said...

Hey there you! Was so nice to "see" you! Hope you are doing well. Lovely card too.. so glad you joined us at Shopping Our Stash!

Berry said...

This is fab and well worth your effort! Thanks for plying at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

Jingle said...

This is so pretty! I love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

jennyk said...

I think the flowers worked out very well, and I love the card as a whole too.

Anita said...

This is a beautiful card. Thanks for joining the Divas challenge.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab creation just love it!

Thank you for sharing with us at Divas, good luck!
hugs shell xx

Stephanie said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the purple, too! Thanks for joining us over at Skipping Stones this week for the sketch challenge!

Milliesmarvels said...

This is lovely! Thanks for joining us for the Pollycraft Challenge!
Jane
x

Leslie Hanna said...

What a great combination of challenges - I love how this card evolved! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Fabulous card! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week at SSD! :)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the paint shimmer and you did a fabulous job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Arabella said...

This is beautiful and so elegant! Gorgeous sentiment too!

Thanks for joining us for the Friendship challenge at Pollycraft!

Arabella

paige said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at SOS!

Katie Gehring said...

Oooh, very pretty! Love the flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Skipping Stones Design!

Karen B. said...

So very beautiful, you have a great sense of design! Thanks for playing Skipping Stones Design, too!