Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 2 With Judikins

Hi everyone. This weekend was so much fun. It was exhausting, but all of the pain I feel today is abundantly worth it! I promised you more pictures, though, so here are a few. This first one is a display of some of the sample cards Judikins brought with her. Yes, her name is Judi, but JudiKins is not only the name of her company, it is Judi's childhood nickname.
The wonderful lady in the background is the owner of The Queen's Ink, Ms. Patti Euler.

I mentioned tahat Judi had a little accident with some glitter. She was demonstrating one of her techniques called Glazed Window (the third technique on this pdf), which uses Diamond Glaze and dye-based ink on clear window plastic. This is one of the photos I took of her demonstration, at the point where she spread glitter over the back of the coloured Diamond Glaze.A moment later, when she went to clean up the excess glitter and reclose the jar, the lid slipped and landed in the middle of the wet project. I'm not exactly sure what happened next, as it all happened so quickly, but the next thing we all knew, there was glitter everywhere, including all over Judi! This was the only shot I was able to get while giggling, and most of it was already cleaned up by then.
Apparently I didn't get a photo of my piece done with that technique, but I did take a picture of my first piece from yesterday, which was a painted wreath. We used Diamond Glaze tinted with dye inks on a pallette of shrink plastic to paint our images. It will be a card when it grows up.
The stamp is called Retro Wreath and is, of course, a JudiKins image.

I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend. If you've had any experience with Diamond Glaze or any other similar techniques, let me know. I'd be interested in hearing about it.

3 comments:

jennyk said...

That class sounds so much fun! I like the wreath, and I hope you will also take pictures of your other project(s).

carole said...

I'm with Jenny. The wreath is a stunner! I would love one large enough to put on my front door!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is gorgeous!!! I look forward to seeing it as a card!