Monday, January 18, 2010

Blogging for Baylee with Paper Makeup Stamps

Good morning! If you're looking for my {ippity} hop post, it's beneath this one, but although I wrote this post first, I've switched the order, as I want to make sure this one is seen.

Today I have a very, very special post. Today, Paper Makeup Stamps is releasing a stamp that is both a tribute and a way to help the family of a little girl whose life touched a tremendous number of people during her too-short 13 years.

I met Sonda Tadlock about a year ago through her business, Cup Cards to Go. Sonda's daughter, Baylee, was diagnosed with Leigh's Syndrome at the age of 9 months. Often patients with Leigh's Sydrome do not live past 2 years of age, but Baylee not only lived, she thrived. Unfortunately, tragedy struck a second time and a tumor was discovered in July 2009. Baylee was given no more than 3 months to survive and hospice care was begun.

In December, I was talking to my sweet friend, Ashley Newell. After a discussion where she and I expressed our feelings of helplessness and concern, we approached Katie Cotton about the possibility of a stamp to help. Katie, being the generous person that she is, immediately said yes. She spoke with Diem, the amazingly talented designer of the Beautiful Day Fairy line. This image is the result.
You may purchase this beautiful stamp at Paper Makeup Stamps here. The proceeds will go to the Tadlock family to use in whatever way they may need.

Baylee Rose Tadlock passed away on January 9, 2010.

The Tadlocks have set up a scholarship fund in Baylee's name with Project Ride, a program which give therapeutic recreational horse riding instruction to children and adults with special needs. You can see photos of Baylee at Project Ride here.

I am honoured to be included in this release. I hope you like my card.

14 comments:

Joanne Gilch said...

You did an awesome job on both of your cards. I visited RIDE and it brought tears to my eyes. thank you for sharing this story.
joanne

Rhonda said...

All I can say is WOW! Great cards and such an awesome card. Thank you for this.

Anonymous said...

Great card using the new digi. I hope this stamp does well for the Tadlocks :)

Ashley Newell said...

What a darling card! I love it Carole! Good job!

dawnmercedes said...

Wow! Great layout for this gal!

Unknown said...

Carole, you gals are so sweet...this card is precious!

Katie Cotton said...

very beautiful card and beautifully written post!

Eva said...

Aawww.....this is beautiful...touched my heart for sure.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous stamp- wonderful story- how sad for the family- but how wonderful a cause and to keep her memory alive!

Ronnie said...

beautiful card, beautiful story, thanks for sharing...Hugs, SBS29 sister..Ronnie

Allie Gower said...

What a lovely card - and a such a special cause.
Blessings to you and peace for their family. No one should ever lose a child!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card and great image for a great cause.

Laurie Wilson said...

Oh my, that is an absolutely PRECIOUS card! What a courageous family!

Kim Marie said...

What a beautiful card and tribute post! I went right over and got this image (and a few others, tee hee!) Can't wait to use them!

Kim Marie