Monday, January 11, 2010

EIC Meets GinaK

Hi everyone! I hope you guys had a great weekend. I'm still kicking myself for forgetting that {ippity} hop is on Mondays - not Tuesdays. Next week.

Today, I have a card that is only for a few challenges. The main two are a sketch challenge issued by GinaK Designs for the latest release party and one of my all-time favourite challenges, Etsy Inspired.

For EIC #70, the shop is Skylar's Candy Clips. If you have little girls, you will love this shop. They have the cutest hair clips, pony tail holders, headbands and other hair accessories! It almost makes me wish my girls were younger again. Almost. I chose this headband as my inspiration this week. Aren't the colours pretty? It's from the Mom line, and is for older girls or adults.

The stamps are from GinaK Designs Signs of Autumn and Thanks a Million! sets. This is the first time I've used them. I spent yesterday cutting the stamps apart so I could use them today!

Other challenges this card is for:
Hand Full of Stamps #11: Say it with Flowers - the BG paper has flowers all over it
Frosted Designs: Ink Challenge - I've used chalk ink
Cute Card Thursday: All New - breaking out some new rubbah!
Fussy & Fancy: New - there's that new rubber again
Your Next Stamp Challenge #7: - Embossing - dry embossing with Nestabilities
ABC Challenge: L is for Layers - I think this is self-evident
Splitcoast Stampers Color Combinations #252: Bermuda Celery Hunters (SU Bermuda Bay, Certainly Celery and Hunter Green have all been used)

I'm having a blast trying to get as many challenges into one card as I can. That, in itself, is an extra challenge. One site that has multiple challenges listed is the Pile it On Challenge blog. If you have never tried it, you definitely should!

13 comments:

Juanita said...

Great card love your color combo.

Fussy and Fancy Girl Juanita

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Your card is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at YNS.
Hugs
Karen
xx

Rhonda said...

Great card...very elegant.

de said...

Beautiful Carole! I love your inspiration piece and the results are fabu!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Jingle said...

Very nice card!

Christine said...

Gorgeous card lovely colours thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy challenge.

Hugs Christine xx

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card :-)

thanks for joining the ABC Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- love the colors and I like the way you have displayed it!

CarlaKH said...

oh this is pretty!

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so cute, love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

Kathy said...

Love these colors together. Wow, you got a ton of challenges into one card, way to go.

Sherry said...

I love the colors! So pretty.

Unknown said...

What a great color combo. Love your card!!! Thank so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish