Monday, January 04, 2010

Silly Hat

Happy New Year!!

This is my first post for the year and I've got just a little something silly to share. My darling middle daughter has a friend boy to whom she wished to give a gift. While we were down in NC over the holidays, my step-dad, Jerry, gave us all baseball hats from one of the properties where he does the landscaping. Hannah decided that her friend would like one of the hats, but that it needed a little bit something added. Turtles, to be specific.

And what does an intrepid crafter do when posed with such a request from one of her children? She stamps!

Now, I've never stamped on a non-flat surface, so it's not gorgeous, but I think it'll be okay for a 13 year old boy. The cool thing is that I got to use stamps and ink pads that hadn't been used before. Gotta love that!! Now I have my entry for this week's Stamp Something challenge and, since the hat is new, it works for GCA#72 at Ann's Creative Nook.
Deets:
Stamps - Unity you + me = happy
Ink - Stazon Teal Blue & Forest Green
Copics - BG09 & G29

We had a fabulous vacation, but I'm awfully glad to be back! I wish everyone a healthy, happy 2010.

14 comments:

Opal said...

happy new year to you and the fam!

xoxo

Stef H said...

oh this is way too cool. he's gonna love it!

hugs,

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year! He will love the hat.

Anonymous said...

wauw what a great idea.
Love the images.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Stamp Something.
Dorte aka dot-scrap

de said...

What a great idea! Super cute Carole!

Ann said...

Yep this works and is just too darn cute!! Thanks for joining in my challenge this week!!

Shell said...

Happy New year! Wow is that cool!

Rhonda said...

how clever! great idea!

Ronnie said...

nice idea, sbs29 sister leaving love, Ronnie...great blog

tanjaak said...

Hi! Great idea. Thanks for joining the Stamp Something challenge this week.
hugs, Tanja

Tracey said...

What a great idea Carole :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx
(SBS29)

Kim Marie said...

What fun!! The stamp came out great I think!
Kim marie

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is so cute! What a great idea for a fun project.

stampingtink said...

What a great idea! I'm sure he'll love it!

hugs,

Susan