Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Etsy-inspired Challenge Card

Well, the 12yo and I are both running fevers now. Mine is low-grade and I'm sure just part of this bug I've been fighting. I'm a little more concerned about Miss H. I've been dosing her with Tylenol and Ibuprofen all day. Her fever comes down for a little while and then goes right back up. At its worst, it was 102.7. It hasn't been below 99.8 all day. She's just miserable.

I only managed to get one card done for the Etsy-inspired blog hop from Saturday. Technically there are a couple hours left to complete and upload any cards from the various challenges, but I'm not moving fast today. I'm thinking sleep more than card-making. Or homework for that matter.

This is the card for Lindsay's challenge, which was to make a card using only plain paper or cardstock - in other words, no patterned or designer paper! Okay, so that's not as big of a deal for me as it would be for others. If she'd said "no embossing" I might have been in a bit of trouble, but fortunately that wasn't the challenge.The image is from Unity Stamp Co.'s kit Blessings from HIM.

Oh, the hardest part for me when it comes to these types of challenges is the time limit. I'm not a fast cardmaker, so time constraints are always challenging for me.

No comments: