Friday, March 13, 2009

It's Friday Again...

And you know what that means!! Yup, it's Hip Hop Hangover day.

I have two cards to post today. They were both made for Hip Hop challenges, but due to some, er, technical difficulties, did not get posted until very late yesterday evening. Not a biggie. I was just glad to actually get something made. I really needed it. It's been a very rough week. You know, I don't need any more of these rough weeks. How about this? I'm done with rough weeks. No more. From here on out, I'm having good weeks.

So to start off my good weeks, here is the card I made for the Tag! You're It!!! Challenge.
I started by using the rectangle Nestabilities on white card stock. I stamped the cherries from Unity's Mix Up of Cuteness in Memento Cottage Ivy while it was still in the Nestie. Yes, of course I heat embossed it. I stamped the same image onto red paper, using Memento Lady Bug (gotta love that name!) and heat embossed that as well. I paper pieced the cherries onto the main image. The while highlight is from a uni-ball Signo pen. The cherry stems are a yummy melon Spica pen. I love how it shimmers! The sentiment, also stamped in Lady Bug and heat embossed, came from the original version of Mix Up of Cuteness. The card itself is aMuse cardstock that I cut and folded after the card I was going to use didn't look right.

The other challenge was Hip Hop Rewind Too! It was to use a stamp that was not new. No problem! Except I had this paper that I really wanted to use. With big, red, bead shapes. In velvet. Problem.

I played around with a few things, and this is what I came up with. I'm actually pretty pleased with it. It's definitely not my usual style. I have no idea what either of the papers are. They came from the Cupcards {to go} Jan09 "With Frosting" add-on. The verse, which I heat embossed it with VersaMark and marcasite embossing powder from Stampendous, is a marvelous Eleanor Roosevelt quote from Unity. The stamp is called Beauty of Dreams.
She was a very wise woman. We would all do well to heed her words.

Blessings to all. Hope you have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

Jacqueline said...

You WILL have good weeks from now on!!! You deserve that!! Love your cards!! I love the cherries, I love the embossed sentiment on the second card! You rocked these challenges!

Anonymous said...

Great cards! Sending you good week vibes and lots of mojo....not all of it as I need some for this weekend....but lots anyway! ;-)

Kerry said...

Love the red on both your cards...so bright and cheerful! :) Wishing you a much brighter week!

Ashley Newell said...

Cute cards! Sending you lots of positive thoughts and prayers! Hugs!

Kristen Carll said...

you know I love Eleanor Roosevelt! :)
I am so happy you got a chance to stamp hun. I am sure it is still hard right now, but hopefully it will get easier! *hugs*

Unknown said...

Wonderful cards! I really like the way you made the cherries stand out...*smile*

Scrapacat said...

No, your mojo has NOT been hanging out with mine. Your's works! Great projects.
~ky

Unknown said...

So pretty...as usual.

have a great weekend. It's colder again!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Good weeks ONLY! >:0)

Your cards are great! I love red....little fact about Tonya. lol

Thank you for stopping by today and leaving such sweet comments. Yep I love that quote........I won that stamp and was SO happy when I did. >:0) Thanks for posting about my candy too. Good luck in the drawing.

Have a fabulous weekend, sweetie.

Tonya

Lee said...

Ohhhh very cool cards....the cherries are sooooo yummmy!!!! Wishing you only good weeks from now on!!! HUGS!!

eryn hannig said...

carole your cards are terrific, loving the bold red! im thinking ALL FABULOUS WEEKS to come! oh and I just LOVE that beauty of dreams quote too!